Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trafton Elliott Beyer

June 11th 2010! Trafton is born!
On Wednesday, we were given instructions to call Geisinger at 5:30 a.m. to receive an arrival time. We were told to arrive at 8:30 that morning. I was able to go back to sleep for an hour or so after I called before I got myself up and ready, despite being so excited!
We arrived and I was feeling so so so nervous and excited!!! A midwife began the induction of labor around noon and progress was fairly slow from there. By 9:00 that evening I was only dilated one centimeter. Another doctor came on for the night shift and he told me that his job was to make sure I had a baby on his shift (which ended at 7:00 the next morning!). He was such a nice doctor and the doctor that ultimately did deliver Trafton. He tried several different things to get me going and things got moving very rapidly around 1:30 Friday morning. I spent about an hour and 45 minutes pushing and at 4:42 delivered this amazing little boy! We had the most incredible nurses during our stay there - everyone was really wonderful.
Everything went unbelievably well, I had an uncomplicated process and all is well with Trafton. He was 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and 21.5 inches long. When we were discharged on Sunday afternoon, he had lost 9.5 ounces of his birth weight, but at his first doctor's appointment today, he had regained 5 of those ounces. We are settling in to life as a family of three, with a bunch of help from Grandma O'Hare who is graciously staying with us for this week!
Visitors are welcome anytime, feel free to stop by and meet Trafton! He has been so delightful as we try and figure out the whole parenting thing. It is just more wonderful than I could ever have imagined!!! Here are some pictures of our weekend adventure.
Thursday morning - about to head to the hospital

Let the induction begin!

Settling in for quite a stay - the room was SO comfortable!

the minutes immediately following birth . . . amazing
Daniel made me a 'birth playlist' that we listened to throughout the delivery, Trafton was born to Vampire Weekend's "Run"

just in awe of him

time to get checked out by the nurses and doctors


Trafton cried an awful lot just after he was born, but here is a great shot of him being peaceful.

Grandma O'Hare

Grandpa O'Hare

Pappy Beyer

Uncle Jason
(Jason flew in from San Diego home to Baltimore on Friday night, then drove up to Danville on Saturday to meet his nephew)

Trafton with the O'Hares

love the tongue!

Daniel getting the hang of the swaddle.

Time for me to get to know this new little ray of sunshine :)

really happy parents :)

Just chillin'

Loving Daddy

Friends Brad and Lori came by our room


Aunt Melissa and Uncle Jonathan back at our house

Aunt Courtney and Uncle Michael back at our house

Sunday afternoon - time to go home

The nurse checked out our carseat and sent us on our way.

All geared up and ready to see his new home

Charley Hogan is wondering who this strange little intruder is . . . and why he makes all that noise?

3 comments:

  1. It's funny to look back at these pictures later to see how small they are in those pack n plays. He only fills in a small part of half of it!! (and I love the pose in those mittens)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trafton is such a cutie!!! I saw his pictures on the iNursery too. I'm glad everything went smoothly and that you all are doing so well. Congrats to you both. I love the carseat pic with Daniel - they both have such a nice smile :)

    ReplyDelete