Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Maternity Leave

June 1st - my first day of maternity leave: wake up, watch Good Morning America, watch Regis and Kelly, watch Ellen, fall asleep on the couch, wake up, eat lunch and begin to feel very restless . . . somewhere in there I also watched an abundance of TLC - shows I have heard about but never actually watched: A Baby Story and Say Yes to the Dress to name a couple. It's fun how they are just on over and over again - they really suck you in. So, feeling very well rested and quite antsy . . . I began to look for things to do . . . the nursery is ready, the laundry is done, the house is clean, hmmm . . . the garden needs to be planted!

Two weekends ago, Daniel and I got about half of our plants in the ground - leftovers from our friend Rich's garden (Thanks, Rich!!!) So, I took a trip to the Schoolhouse Market and got the rest of the seedlings/seeds that we needed to complete the job. I was feeling pretty good, so I set out planting. A good rainstorm came through around 2:30, so I headed back inside, showered, watched some TLC and took another nap. Daniel came home from work and I woke up and went back to planting. He snapped some pictures as I was finishing up. It was a great day!


After the rainfall

Shoveling dirt onto the potato mound

The final touch - adding marigolds to attract pollinators


View of the garden from the patio

Finished and freshly watered

Time to let the sun do its work

No comments:

Post a Comment