Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 5 Overdue

Wow! What a break in the weather today! Clear blue skies, low humidity, and 70 something degrees - so refreshing after the last several days of hot humidity! Today's appointment went well. Daniel took the day off from school to take me to Berwick, so it was again nice to have him around during the day. First I had a non stress test - they hooked me up to a heartbeat monitor and a contraction monitor and gave me a hand-held device that I had to click everytime I felt baby movement. I did this for about 20-30 minutes while reclining in a very comfortable oversized armchair. It was interesting because every time Baby Bear moved, his heart rate (we could hear it) would skyrocket! It would get real loud and fast and then calm down again. The nurse commented that this is what they wanted to see, so that's good. I also had one contraction, which was news to me - I never even felt it. Then, the doctor did an ultrasound and everything looked good! I have to have another non stress test on Wednesday morning, so it's back to Berwick for that - then off to Geisinger for induction on Thursday! I've been keeping busy . . . all the flowers are now planted: hanging baskets, window boxes, porch pots, etc. That was fun! Also napping. And friends have been dropping by with TV series on DVD to give me something to watch - I've been told TV shows are helpful during all that breastfeeding time.

1 comment:

  1. If you make it until Thursday, that's my sister's birthday :) Glad everything looks good. Baby Bear is just too comfy in there!

    ReplyDelete