Sunday, November 21, 2010

Feeding Time

Trafton has successfully begun eating solid foods. Although it's funny to call them that since they are so not solid . . . last weekend we started with rice cereal, then moved to avocadoes, then on to bananas. This weekend we have sweet potatoes on tap - very exciting! He has done very well, better than I anticipated, really. He happily opens his mouth for the spoon, attempts to keep some of it in his mouth and swallow (although I am not sure how much actually makes it to his tummy), and fusses when he is full. He is very interested in the sippy cup full of water, but hasn't quite figured out how to use it. Sometimes he gets the spout in his mouth and water does come out and he swallows, but he seems equally as content to suck/chew on the handle or bottom of the cup. Hopefully he'll be a little more motivated when there is breastmilk in there and not just water. :)

First attempt - rice cereal

Mmmmm . . . this is fun!

Mommy's favorite food - avocadoes!


There's the part that makes water come out!


This is easy - I can feed myself bananas.
After Trafton tried grabbing for the spoon several times, I finally got another one and let him play with it. However, he kept putting the metal end of this one in his mouth and looking alarmed when he bit down on it sideways - like "Ouch!," so I bought some rounder plastic ones for him to play with during feeding time.


Dinnertime - bananas and rice mixed together - how exciting!
Wait - why isn't mommy feeding me?

Oh, it still tastes good when Daddy feeds me. I guess I can do this, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment