Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chris and Aly get married!

This past Friday, my cousin, Chris, married his girlfriend of six years, Aly. It was a wonderful wedding held halfway between Baltimore and Washington DC at The Villa. Aly looked amazing, the food was incredible, and the music was perfect. We had an excellent time!

Daniel took a half day from work on Friday and we took the long road trip south. We would have made it right on time for the 6:00 ceremony, but an accident right at our exit off the Baltimore beltway set us back more than we expected. Nevertheless, we got there right at the start of the cocktail hour.

Aunt Lo (my mom's sister - Chris is my dad's brother's son, so Aunt Lo wasn't involved with this wedding) was gracious enough to watch Trafton for the evening at my parents' house. I was a bit nervous about leaving him, especially since he absolutely refuses to take a bottle, so I knew he would have to either be fed through a medicine dropper or go to bed without eating. Trafton refused both the bottle and the dropper and eventually did go to bed without eating after a fair amount of screaming (a big THANK YOU to Aunt Lo for getting through that!!). It was really great to have a night out with Daniel and to see all of my family. I woke Trafton up when we got home and he ate happily and went back to sleep for the night.

We headed back to Bloomsburg on Saturday, but first stopped at some of our favorite places that just aren't local to Bloomsburg. Starbucks for breakfast, Baja Fresh for lunch, and REI to get a great winter hat for Trafton. In all, it was a wonderful weekend of road-tripping with the family!

Leaving Trafton with Aunt Lo as we leave for the wedding

Aly and Chris have their first dance

My parents

Uncle Bob, Aunt Anne, and Aunt Mary

Cousins Harry and Allison, my brother Jason, and cousin Ben

Chris's parents, my Uncle Leo and Aunt Jeannie

Daniel and I with Uncle Tim

Chris and Aly greeting their guests

Inside the reception tent

Some important men in my life :)

Cutting the cake

Saturday morning hanging at my parents' house

Trafton was being a sweetheart after a night of fussing

A Sheetz stop in Duncannon on the trip home

1 comment:

  1. Ema took the bottle a little but the other two no way...glad you were able to go to the wedding and your aunt could help...it was great to see you the other week hope you all didn't get the plague that our family had....

    ReplyDelete