Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Owl at 36 Weeks

Yesterday I had my 36 week checkup.  I saw a very sweet nurse practicioner that I haven't met yet and she was great.  Very bubbly and encouraging :)  I told her that throughout the whole pregnancy I have been feeling like I have been carrying very low and she confirmed that she is very low, indeed.  Although I haven't dropped, meaning she is not engaged in the pelvis area, I am dilated to one centimeter already.  The nurse also told me that she is a nice average size, not at all like my big boy Trafton :)  Baby Owl is in perfect position, head down, and she told me that she thought I was all set up for a nice easy delivery - that's a good thing to hear!  I have gained a total of 23 pounds, which is the same amount that I had gained with Trafton when I delivered him (at 9 days late).  I actually lost a couple of pounds due to a stomach bug that I caught last week.  At the end of my appointment, the nurse reviewed all my charts and told me that I was having the "perfect textbook pregnancy" and that everything looked wonderful.  All great things to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment