Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby Shower for Daniel

On May 6th, the faculty at Daniel's school, Liberty Valley Elementary School, in Danville, had a surprise shower for him. It was great!!! I knew about it a few weeks in advance - I can't believe I kept it a secret . . . I don't think I have ever really been able to surprise him . . . along with being a terrible liar, I am a terrible secret-keeper. I told like everyone I could think of though - his family, my family, my friends, the people that I work with . . . just so I didn't have to hold it in as much! It worked - he was TOTALLY surprised! I have never really even seen him look like that before - it was awesome! When he walked in, he was surprised immediately, but he didn't even see me. Then a few seconds went by and when he saw me, he was surprised all over again :)

It was organized by one of his neighboring teachers, Ron, who teaches Life Skills. Two aides, Bonnie and Tina, and his mentor teacher, Barb, made beautiful decorations. We received many wonderful gifts that just about finished the necessary items on our registry - everyone was so generous. It was particularly neat because this is largely a new faculty in that building this year because of the redistricting in Danville and many of the teachers that I met that day commented that they had never really gotten everyone in the building together for an event before - so cool!




SURPRISE!!!

The chairs that they had us sit in to open the gifts


Bonnie and Tina made this sign - the owl is an exact replica from the theme that we have chosen for our nursery - such crafty ladies :)


Standing in front of the presents and cake



Such a yummy cake

No comments:

Post a Comment