Monday, May 17, 2010

37 Weeks and 5 Days . . . but he's huge!

I have just returned from my latest ultrasound. Baby Bear is doing fine and I feel pretty good, too. The technician was able to get a pretty good 3D view of his face - which was really exciting to see. The interesting news is that he is measuring at 8 pounds, 2 ounces! The doctor that saw us commented that even though he is on the large side, everything looks good because his head is in proportion with his belly. I believe the words were something like . . . "large head" . . . "Buddha belly" . . . "chubby cheeks" . . . "if you can get the head out, you'll have no problem getting the rest of him out." I can't say this doesn't make me a little nervous, but at least he's healthy. The doctor also said that just because he is on the large side doesn't mean I will go into labor early either. All we can do is wait and see. I am feeling good, just exhausted, so I can't say I wish he would come early or late or anthing.



Side view of his head


3D view of his face! We are so excited to be able to see this!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That 3D shot is so neat! I never had anything like that with either kid. I'm sure all will go well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic is awesome. Can't wait to meet the little guy

    ReplyDelete