Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cristl Update

This past weekend I received a phone call from Cristl wishing me a happy birthday!!!! Her father called me and then put the phone on speaker so that I could talk to Cristl. It was amazing! I had received a message early in the day, but since we had been deep in the woods, I didn't get it until much later. Listening to Cristl talk in the message was unbelievable. I returned the call later that night and got to talk with her for about five minutes. I don't think I will ever forget the sound of her voice. It's something I never thought I would hear again. Her parents prompted her to ask me questions and when I asked her about simple things she was able to formulate responses on her own. At one point she congratulated me on my pregnancy and told me she had a good name picked out. When I asked her what the name was, she simply said, "I don't know." So cute :) She sounded like Cristl, though. A little timid, quiet, and child-like, but definitely like herself. So exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment