Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Tree!

This year was the first year that we purchased a live Christmas tree! Daniel worked on a tree farm for several years when he was younger, but the whole thing was a new experience for me! I loved it :) Often we travel a lot over the holiday break, but with Trafton we are trying to stay home more (for the sake of his sanity and ours) and so we figured we would be around to water it. Plus, it seems like a good tradition to start with Trafton's first Christmas. We went to Ecology III in Orangeville to make our selection.


It was cold and windy and Trafton had about five layers of clothing on.

Daniel with the measuring stick. We selected a nice six-footer. Everything I looked at was huge, but Daniel kept reminding me that they are a lot bigger in the house than they are growing on the farm.

Trying to wrap my head around what size tree I should be looking for


We found it! This is the one!


Time to get to work!


Okay, I am SO from the suburbs. At first I was sorta shocked that they just gave out saws and you could just cut it down yourself! I thought it would be a lot of work and take forever. But, well, it was pretty quick and easy. (Good thing I didn't have to do that!)

Loading it onto the wagon. I even got a kick out of this. What an operation!


Ecology III Christmas Tree Farm

How tall is Trafton?

He was getting pretty cold and fussy by this point. We were having so much fun picking out the perfect tree that we were there for a while!

Gotta love the trusty Subaru, which, at ten years old, is starting to become a classic :)

I couldn't believe how wonderful the tree smelled. We picked a Fraser Fir and it was delightful. Trafton was interested in touching it, although surprisingly, he didn't try to put a branch in his mouth.

Now we've gotta decorate!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm glad you enjoyed your first real tree experience. It is and always has been one of may absolute favorite traditions with Christmas. We're heading out this weekend...can't wait! Oh - I love the picture with Trafton's tongue sticking out!

    ReplyDelete