Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back to Work

This week I went back to work after a seven month maternity leave. Monday was actually extremely difficult, but after that it got much better. Trafton is doing very well at his daycare. He is even drinking milk from a sippy cup, which I really still can't believe. I was so worried that he wouldn't be getting any milk during the day because he won't use a sippy cup at home and he never took a bottle. But, on the first day, he drank both cupfuls that I provided for him and ate all the food that I sent! I couldn't be happier about that. It's nice, too, to be back to work with a bunch of colleagues that I really like. I definitely like my job and am lucky to work in a really great school where people get along well. My group of seventh graders seem like a nice bunch of kids so far, too. I am working on establishing a routine in the morning and in the afternoon so that everything runs a little more smoothly. Daniel has been taking him to daycare - which we are calling 'school' for him, and I have been picking him up in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are adjusting well. I know how hard it is. We have always told Gavin that he is going to "school" as well so that he gets used to it. I saw Trafton at "school" laste week when I was picking Gavin up. He is too cute and getting so big. Also, he was very happy so no need to worry there!! Good luck and see you in May.

    ReplyDelete